Saturday, December 6, 2008

tonight, some Poetry.

Leaves fall,
Burnt orange and red,
To mark the passage of time;
Birds call,
Like sirens in my head,
And drive me to this rhyme.

Wind shakes
The branches; they dance
Like children beneath the sky.
Time takes
Their innocence trance;
Their leaves fall off and die.

________________________________


The Coffee Shop

Warm aromas waft about
And fill my nose.
Hiding crowds from cold without
in winter clothes.

All around me things inspire,
And so I write.
On the hearth a blazing fire
Is burning bright.

Rosy lips are sipping mugs;
cold hands, warm hearts.
Friendly smiles, tender hugs
As music starts.


Foggy windows in their panes,
By candle-light,
Offer views of frosty lanes
And nippy night.

Cozy is this little town;
I'm tucked away.
Dilworth, where I settle down,
Is where I stay.

Here we gather, friend and kin;
From toe to top
We're filled with peace as we are in
The coffee shop.

________________________

Bryce

2 comments:

Becca said...

Bryce,
I enjoyed both your poems, but found the first one (about the leaves) to be quite profound, actually. You mentioned that one was old and one was new--which was which? Which one do you like better?

Embers said...

Oh I love coffee shops, the aroma is very soothing. Dilworth in Matthews in particular holds a lot of memories for me.

Very good poetry.